2nd degree specialist in otolaryngology, graduate of the Medical University of Warsaw. In 1994 he received a PhD in medical sciences.
Since obtaining a diploma in the First Medical Department of the Medical University of Warsaw in 1988, he was associated with the Clinic of Otorhinolaryngology of the Medical University of Warsaw as a doctor, academic teacher and researcher. In 1993 he obtained the degree of specialist I and in 1995 the second degree in otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery. In 1994 he received a PhD in medical sciences defending a doctoral dissertation entitled Juvenile fibrosis – a diagnostic and therapeutic problem (in the material of the Otolaryngology Clinic of the Medical Academy in Warsaw in 1980-1990). In 1996, he was raised to the rank of Adjunct in the structures of the Medical University of Warsaw. Since 2003, he has been the head of the rhinology department at the Otorhinolaryngology Clinic of the Medical University of Warsaw. At subsequent stages of over 28 years of clinical career, he dealt with almost all issues related to the field he devoted, which was reflected in extensive literature. Jarosław Balcerzak, MD, PhD is the author and co-author of 73 scientific papers published in national or foreign medical journals and 15 chapters in specialist handbooks, monographs and scripts.
RANGE OF SERVICES
- surgical and conservative treatment of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses using the latest endoscopic surgical techniques;
- plastic procedures correcting the external appearance of the nose while maintaining or restoring its normal function;
- surgical and conservative treatment of nasal congestion, nasal polyps, chronic sinusitis;
- diagnosis and treatment of respiratory disturbance of sleep – from ordinary snoring to Obstructive Apnea During Sleep;
- modern snoring treatment by radiotermoablation (CELON);
He expanded his medical knowledge and skills by participating in specialist courses and internships at leading clinical centers in the United States and Western Europe. The most important are internships completed in:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester (MN), USA – twice in 1995 and 1999
- The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York (NY), USA, 1998.
A member of domestic and foreign scientific societies including, among others:
- European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- European Society of Rhinology
- Polish Society of Otorhinolaryngologists Head and Neck Surgeons
For his didactic activity he was awarded four times – in 1999, 2001, 2005, 2006 – with the team award of the Rector of Warsaw Medical University.